API Functions Introduction
POLi provides the POLi API consisting of the following web services:
|Initiate Transaction||used to initiate a POLi transaction.|
|GETTransaction||used to acquire the status and details of a POLi transaction|
|GETDailyTransactions||used to acquire a list of transactions for a specified date|
|GETDailyTransactionsCSV||used to acquire a list of transactions for a specified date in csv format|
|GETFinancialInstitutions||used to acquire a list of Financial Institutions for a specified merchant|
Please note, the Notification URL field in your initiate transaction request must be provided. The POLi system will POST a 'NUDGE' to the specified notification URL and this will prompt your servers to make the GETTransaction API call.
To access our production environment, please use the following API endpoint:
We’ve made integrating POLi really easy! All you need to do is click the ‘Run in Postman’ button below.
You can then familiarise yourself with our API, by interacting with the preloaded collection of our APIs.
In Postman, you will also be able to generate snippets of code in various languages that will help you use it in your framework.
Make sure you encode your MerchantCode and Authentication Code combination using tools such as Base64 Encode. Use the returned key as a header to the API calls as part of the basic authentication.
- Click the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the Postman app and select POLi APIs Variables.
- Click the Quick Look icon in the upper right corner of the Postman app to display the global variables.
- When you click the Edit link, a modal will then open where you can edit keys, initial and current values.
- Set the Base64 Encoded auth code as a value to AUTH key to proceed with the API calls.
You can generate snippets of code by following these steps:
- Click the Code link under the Blue Send button
- Select your preferred language from the Generate Code Snippets modal window
- Click on Copy To Clipboard